Yahoo announces China’s withdrawal amid trade war
Yahoo announced the termination of the company’s services in China, thus becoming the latest US company to give in under the weight of the Xi Jinping government’s legal framework.
“Yahoo remains committed to the rights of our users and a free and open internet. We thank our users for their support.”, says Yahoo’s statement shared by CNN, citing “an increasingly challenging legal and business environment”.
- Trump announces his own social network launch next year
- Apple considered banning Facebook from the App Store
- Against Taliban, Google blocks accounts of former Afghan government members
- Facebook will create a commission to handle elections
- Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter and others unite to fight the far-right
Remember that Microsoft announced last month the termination of LinkedIn in China because of a “significantly more challenging operating environment and greater compliance requirements in China.”