WhatsApp and YouTube guarantee they will fight Taliban online presence
After Facebook announced that it continues to remove any content supporting the Taliban, it’s time for WhatsApp and YouTube to detail exactly how they are fighting the presence of the terrorist organization that has taken control of Afghanistan.
In the case of WhatsApp, the company told the Financial Times that it already blocks all Taliban groups in the messaging app, looking for names and descriptions that denounce the affiliation of these groups.
- “Stop making trouble about it,” China tells the US about its digital currency
- Protests in El Salvador call for an end of Bitcoin as local currency
- Trump announces a class-action lawsuit against Facebook, Google and Twitter
- Facebook will remove all content supporting Taliban in Afghanistan
- US president Joe Biden is being pressured to ban TikTok
Remember that WhatsApp does not have access to the content of messages, so it only has these two parameters to guide you.