Apple Store forces Netflix to release games individually
Netflix recently announced that it will make games from its streaming service available to all members. However, as Mark Gurman from Bloomberg notes, this new development cannot take place in Apple’s App Store as games cannot be made available directly through a single app.
Remember that this rule of Apple’s virtual store is the same that prevents the launch of services such as Xbox Game Pass from Microsoft or GeForce Now from Nvidia.
- Trump announces his own social network launch next year
- Apple considered banning Facebook from the App Store
- Against Taliban, Google blocks accounts of former Afghan government members
- Facebook will create a commission to handle elections
- Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter and others unite to fight the far-right
In this way, says Gurman in his latest newsletter that Netflix will be forced to individually release their games through the App Store.
Note that the same happens through the Google Play Store, where games are released individually and can be accessed through the official Netflix app.