Florida State will host world’s largest satellite factory
The US state of Florida will host the world’s largest factory for satellites and components, which involves an investment of $300 million and will create more than two thousand jobs.
The announcement relates to a Terran Orbital Corporation project and was made by State Governor Ron DeSantis.
- Apple may launch two foldable smartphones in 2023
- Apple considered banning Facebook from the App Store
- Against Taliban, Google blocks accounts of former Afghan government members
- Facebook will create a commission to handle elections
- Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter and others unite to fight the far-right
The company will install the factory on Merritt Island, on a plot of 6,316 square meters, and should start operating in late 2025.
In other competences, the unit will also have that of assembling space vehicles.
The company’s CEO, Mark Bell, has specified that the unit can produce 1,000 satellites a year, mostly small “cubic satellites”.