Browse By

Survey: 27% of the US population supports Bitcoin as a legal tender

September 7th marked a race of nations for Bitcoin (BTC). The idea of ​​a cryptocurrency as the official currency still encounters resistance, but it also receives strong support.

Survey: 27% of the US population supports Bitcoin as a legal tender

Survey: 27% of the US population supports Bitcoin as a legal tender

In the United States, a survey by the YouGov America institute revealed that 27% of the population supports the idea of a cryptocurrency as the official currency.

According to the institute, 4,912 people were heard. Of this total, 11% said they “strongly support” the idea of ​​BTC becoming legal tender in the country. Another 16% said they “partially support”, totaling 27% support.

In contrast, 28% responded that they were against the use of BTC as a legal currency, while 11% partially reject it, totaling 39% of respondents. Another 34% still do not have an opinion on the matter.

The survey evaluated respondents based on four criteria: age group, political position, gender and income level. Men are the majority among both supporters and critics, while 41% of women have no opinion.

Read more:

In terms of age group, young people between 18 and 34 are the biggest supporters, but curiously they are also the third largest group among the undecided. The group of people between 45 and 54 years old has the highest degree of indecision (39%), while the oldest (over 55 years old) are among the biggest opponents (43%).

As for the political position, bipartisanship also dominated. About 29% of Americans identified with the Democratic party partially or strongly support the BTC as legal tender. Among Republican party supporters, the support rate is slightly lower: 26%.

Republicans are the majority among those who reject the idea, with 48% among those who responded that they were totally or partially opposed. On the Democrat side, the total rejection reached 39%.

14 thoughts on “Survey: 27% of the US population supports Bitcoin as a legal tender”

  1. Pingback: Visa CEO says he’s smart enough to invest in Bitcoin now - Digest Time
  2. Trackback: Visa CEO says he’s smart enough to invest in Bitcoin now - Digest Time
  3. Pingback: Mastercard buys its first cryptocurrency company - Digest Time
  4. Trackback: Mastercard buys its first cryptocurrency company - Digest Time
  5. Pingback: Bitcoin could collapse, warns Central Bank of Sweden - Digest Time
  6. Trackback: Bitcoin could collapse, warns Central Bank of Sweden - Digest Time
  7. Pingback: After seeking advice on cryptocurrencies, Stephen Curry closes sponsorship with FTX exchange - Digest Time
  8. Trackback: After seeking advice on cryptocurrencies, Stephen Curry closes sponsorship with FTX exchange - Digest Time
  9. Pingback: Elon Musk makes cryptocurrency rise 109% after posting picture of his dog - Digest Time
  10. Trackback: Elon Musk makes cryptocurrency rise 109% after posting picture of his dog - Digest Time
  11. Pingback: MicroStrategy acquires $242.9 million and surpasses 110,000 Bitcoins in custody - Digest Time
  12. Trackback: MicroStrategy acquires $242.9 million and surpasses 110,000 Bitcoins in custody - Digest Time
  13. Pingback: Coinbase wants to raise $1.5 billion in bond sales - Digest Time
  14. Trackback: Coinbase wants to raise $1.5 billion in bond sales - Digest Time
  15. Pingback: “Bitcoin is not money, it’s barter,” says Central Bank of Mexico - Digest Time
  16. Trackback: “Bitcoin is not money, it’s barter,” says Central Bank of Mexico - Digest Time
  17. Pingback: China government deepens crackdown on Bitcoin mining - Digest Time
  18. Trackback: China government deepens crackdown on Bitcoin mining - Digest Time
  19. Pingback: Ethereum founder and President of El Salvador are among TIME Magazine’s Top 100 Influentials - Digest Time
  20. Trackback: Ethereum founder and President of El Salvador are among TIME Magazine’s Top 100 Influentials - Digest Time
  21. Pingback: Morgan Stanley creates market analysis team for cryptocurrencies - Digest Time
  22. Trackback: Morgan Stanley creates market analysis team for cryptocurrencies - Digest Time
  23. Pingback: Coinbase announces support for Shiba Inu trading in its platform - Digest Time
  24. Trackback: Coinbase announces support for Shiba Inu trading in its platform - Digest Time
  25. Pingback: President of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde: “Cryptocurrencies are not currencies, period” - Digest Time
  26. Trackback: President of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde: “Cryptocurrencies are not currencies, period” - Digest Time
  27. Pingback: Government of El Salvador to be investigated on Bitcoin purchases and ATMs - Digest Time
  28. Trackback: Government of El Salvador to be investigated on Bitcoin purchases and ATMs - Digest Time

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *